Multi Academy Trust : St Christopher's CofE Multi Academy Trust
Place of work: Plympton St Mary Infants & Old Priory Junior Academy, Plympton, Plymouth
Pupils on roll: 305
Role: Deputy Headteacher
Job term: Permanent
Appointment type: Full time
Are you looking to develop as a primary school leader? Does the challenge of leading a school across two sites appeal to you? Are you passionate about curriculum and exceptional in your understanding about teaching and learning? Due to the relocation of the current Deputy, we are seeking to appoint a driven and ambitious senior leader as Deputy Head (L2 -L5). Our schools have been on an improvement journey and now offer a good quality of education for our pupils. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join our Senior Leadership Team at the next stage of our school’s development.
Your role will be to support the Headteacher in the day to day running of the school, and support the senior leadership team to improve the quality of teaching, learning and provision across the school. There will be a small teaching commitment in Key Stage 2.
As part of St Christopher’s Trust we can offer a range of professional development opportunities whatever your career stage and we are looking for leaders that relish a challenge, stand out from the crowd and really want to make a difference. If your vision is to be a headteacher in the future – our Trust can develop you to achieve your aspirations.
- A welcoming, nurturing school with a strong ethos and set of values that underpin all that we do
- Children who are happy and motivated to learn and a supportive and welcoming staff team
- The opportunity to work in highly-regarded schools at the centre of the community
- An exciting role within our growing organisation with opportunities for future career development within our own school and across our family of 18 schools.
The successful candidate will:
- Have leadership skills that will enable staff to flourish and pupils to reach their potential underpinned by a strong personal philosophy and clear pedagogical subject knowledge.
- Be a charismatic leader, comfortable and able to inspire staff, build relationships with parents and who has a smile for every situation.
- Be dedicated to raising standards and removing barriers to learning for pupils with the ability to challenge each pupil from whatever their starting point.
- High expectations of themselves and pupils with a positive, can do and proactive nature.
- A commitment to developing an engaging and exciting curriculum based on practical and first hand learning experiences, within and beyond the classroom making the most of our school grounds and local learning resources.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Visits to the school are encouraged on 18th April at 4.30pm or 20th April at 2pm (visits will start at St. Mary’s Infant School). To arrange a visit, please contact the school on 01752 337912.
Applications should be submitted by Thursday 27th April at 3pm. Visits to candidates’ current schools and interviews will take place during week commencing 1st May 2023.
Please send applicaitons by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to School Office, Plympton St Mary's CofE Infant School, 8 Market Road, Plymouth PL7 1QW.
Please note it is our process to apply for references for shortlisted applicants and to complete online searches in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance, for all shortlisted applicants. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
The St. Christopher's Trust website shares information about current vacancies in the wider Trust: